Community Development Technician
City of Madison
Monday, September 5, 2016
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the Division's loan portfolio.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of complex computerized accounting, financial and reporting systems.
- Review and process revolving loan disbursements and receipts and maintain and reconcile loan systems.
- Maintain and assist in the development of policies and procedures related to loan servicing (payoffs, subordinations and new lending).
- Manage loan servicing associated with the Division's asset portfolio, comprised of loans from such sources as the City's Affordable Housing Fund and Affordable Housing Trust Fund, federal HOME and Community Development Block Grant funds, etc.
- Complete annual risk assessments for all outstanding loans in asset portfolio. Coordinate with City Finance regarding annual city-wide financial audit and prepare necessary written responses to contracted auditors.
- Develop CDBG unit data-focused reports and analysis per funder requirements.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for various State of Wisconsin funded programs such as Housing Cost Reduction Initiative (HCRI) and Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP).
- Perform annual desk review of leases, tenant selection plans, affirmative marketing plans, and rent rolls for compliance with local, state and federal rental regulations and requirements, and develop reports for Community Development Supervisor and Specialists.
- Perform annual on-site monitoring of agency tenant files and interview tenants to verify compliance with federal rental program regulations and develop related reports for the Community Development Supervisor and Specialists.
- Communicate with agencies regarding their compliance or non-compliance with local, state and federal regulations, and in the case of non-compliance, coordinate with agencies to ensure execution of remedies for non-compliance.
- Support efforts to manage and maintain content of Community Development Division website and social media communications.
- Perform other related work as required.