Double/Dual/Joint Degrees

At UW-Madison it is possible to simultaneously pursue two graduate degree programs. Graduate School policy allows some "double counting" of course work, but no more than one-fourth of the credits being offered in the requirements of one Master's degree can be used for the requirements of any other Master's level degree. In addition, these special arrangements have been developed in the Graduate School for dual degrees:


  • Public Affairs and International Public Affairs (administered by the LaFollette School of Public Affairs, Observatory Hill Office Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706)
  • Water Resources Management (administered by the Water Resources Management Program, Institute for Environmental Studies, 70 Science Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706)


Interested students should consult with faculty in these programs areas, as well as with the Department of Urban and Regional Planning.


See the Master's Program Policies and Procedures for more information on double degrees, as well as the Graduate School's policies on double, dual, and joint degrees.